Heavyweight contender Jarrell Miller has failed yet another drug test and will subsequently not be fighting on July 9 as planned. Miller was supposed to return to the ring against Jerry Forrest in Las Vegas next month.
‘Big Baby’ would’ve been competing for the first time since beating Bogdan Dinu in November 2018. He was supposed to face unified heavyweight titlist, Anthony Joshua, last year but three failed drug tests forced him out of the fight.
Top Rank announced earlier this year they had signed Miller to a multi-fight deal despite his history of PED abuse. The promotions CEO Bob Arum spoke to Boxing Scene to react to his fighters latest failed drug test, he said.
“I talked to Bennett, and he said, yes, they have a positive test for Miller and they’re gonna suspend him temporarily on Monday. He’s off July 9th. We’re putting another heavyweight match in that the boys are finalizing now. And, you know, we’re gonna be completely guided by the Nevada commission. If, in fact, which I believe to be the case, that this kid tested positive apparently for the same thing that kept him from going through with the fight with Joshua, the same substance, he absolutely has gotta be out of his mind. But again, we’re getting everything second hand and we’re gonna be guided by the commission. And that’s that. What else are we gonna say?”
“We’re disappointed,” Arum said. “Our friend, James Prince, who signed him and advanced him money, he’s disappointed. I talked to James. We’re all disappointed because this isn’t a guy who contracted coronavirus. This is a guy who apparently used the same substance that he used before when he couldn’t go through with the Joshua fight. Listen, it is what it is.”
Should Jarrell Miller face a lifetime ban after this latest failed drug test?