Teofimo Lopez Claims He Cleaned Out 135lbs, Plans To Do The Same At 140lbs

Teofimo Lopez

Teofimo Lopez says he is coming to clean out the 140lbs division just as he did to the 135lbs division.

Lopez will be making his junior welterweight debut against Mexican veteran Pedro Campa on August 13 in Las Vegas. It’s his first fight since he lost a split decision to George Kambosos Jr. to lose his lightweight belts.

“The Takeover is back! I took over the lightweight division, and I plan on doing the same at junior welterweight. Pedro Campa is a tough opponent with an aggressive Mexican style, and I can’t wait to put on a show for the fans,” Lopez said (via BoxingScene). “Every person goes through challenges, but Iโ€™ve put the past behind me and am thrilled to be back fighting on ESPN and in Las Vegas. I am calling this fight the ‘Take Back’ because I am coming to regain what Iโ€™ve lost. One defeat does not define a fighter, and it wonโ€™t define me.

“I had been fighting at lightweight since I was a teenager, and it was time to move up. I am going to be an even better, more explosive fighter. You will see that on August 13,” Lopez continued. “I am only 25 years old. My best years are in front of me. Pedro Campa is the start of a new chapter in my career. I will be a two-weight world champion very soon. Every contender and champion at junior welterweight better watch out because I am coming to clean out the division.”

If Teofimo Lopez can get his hand raised against Pedro Campa next weekend he immediately would be in title contention and is another big-name at 140lbs. For now, however, he is just focused on his fight and getting back into the win column in a big way.

Do you think Teofimo Lopez will beat Pedro Campa?