Tyson Fury Confirms He’s Set To Fight Anthony Joshua On August 14

Fury

Tyson Fury has confirmed he is set to face off against Anthony Joshua on August 14 after Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn previously suggested the pair would square off for all the heavyweight belts on that date.

Prince Khalid Adbdulaziz Al Saud, the country’s defence secretary and son of King Salman, spoke with Fury on Sunday evening to confirm the fight will take place in Saudi Arabia this summer.

After the call, Fury took to social media to relay the positive news to his fans.

“I just got off the phone from Prince Khalid of Saudi Arabia,” Fury said. “He told me this fight is 100 per cent on, August 14, 2021, summertime. All the eyes of the world will be on the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and I cannot wait, repeat, cannot wait to smash Anthony Joshua on the biggest stage of all times. This is going to be the biggest sporting event ever to grace the planet Earth. Do not miss it. All eyes on us. Peace out. God bless. See you all in Saudi! Yes! Get in.”

Fury hasn’t competed since recapturing heavyweight gold by beating Deontay Wilder in February 2020. The Englishman was expected to complete his trilogy of fights with ‘The Bronze Bomber’ but the American’s repeated allegations of cheating against Fury seems to have brought that chapter of his career to a close – at least for now.

Joshua was last seen in the ring when he fought Kubrat Pulev in December. ‘AJ’ dictated the fight against his IBF mandatory challenger from the opening bell. The 31-year-old found the finish in round nine to defend his straps and pave the way for a mega-money match-up with Fury.

Who do you think will be victorious when Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua square off for all the heavyweight belts in Saudi Arabia on August 14?