Mike Tyson Says He ‘Died Tripping On Psychedelic Toad Venom’ And It Changed His Life

Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson has had a crazy life and is known for his drug use and one time, he claims he died after taking toad venom.

Tyson recently revealed he took toad venom in New York years ago and it nearly killed him, as he says he died for a brief time.

“I died during my first trip,” Tyson said (via independent). “In my trips I’ve seen that death is beautiful. Life and death both have to be beautiful, but death has a bad rep. The toad has taught me that I’m not going to be here forever. There’s an expiration date.”

Mike Tyson recently spoke to the New York Post while in Miami at a conference focussed on psychedelics and other drugs. He says he took the drug more than 50 times in his life and believes it helped change his life for the better.

“It has made me more creative and helps me focus,” Tyson said. “I’m more present as a businessman and entrepreneur… “People see the difference [in me]. It speaks for itself. If you knew me in 1989 you knew a different person. My mind isn’t sophisticated enough to fathom what happened, but life has improved. The toad’s whole purpose is to reach your highest potential. I look at the world differently. We’re all the same. Everything is love.”

Mike Tyson has been known to speak about the benefits of psychedelic drugs. However, it shouldn’t be used regularly but for the former heavyweight champion he says it helped change his life.

What do you make of this story?