Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. believes his boxing career is on the line when he faces Nicolas Masseroni on November 21.
Chavez has lost back-to-back fights. In September he suffered a loss by technical decision at the hands of his compatriot Mario Cázares. Late last year he was sopped inside five rounds by Daniel Jacobs.
“This fight is very important because it represents what is going to happen with my career, which has been questioned in the last two fights. This fight represents everything for me and the future of my career,” Chavez said of his fight with Masseroni.
The 34-year-old is expecting a fun fight with the 19-1 fighter but has vowed to take him out in quick fashion.
“I think it will be a very action-packed match, something that people are going to enjoy because of our styles of exchanging punches and people like that,” Chavez said.
“I have prepared very strongly and I know that everything can happen, but I am going to win by knockout, I am going to knock him out quickly so that there is no controversy,”
“I’m going to look good, better than in my last two fights. I have taken great care of myself. I have fought with the best in the world and he has not. I have been more constant in my preparation. I have stayed at 168 pounds, that was not what he did. They are going to see my best version. I do not fight with criticism, I do not pay attention to it, it is part of my job. It is better that they talk about me, it does not matter if it is good or bad, but it is better than not speaking about me at all.” (Transcribed by Boxing Scene)
Do you think Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. can return to the top of the sport?