YouTube star Logan Paul has attempted to shut down people questioning his credibility as a boxer after he reportedly agreed to face fight legend Floyd Mayweather later this year.
Earlier this week news broke that ‘Money’ would end his retirement to square off against Paul. Mayweather hasn’t boxed professionally since beating UFC superstar Conor McGregor in a huge crossover fight. The 43-year-old picked up a tenth round knockout to stretch his undefeated record to 50-0 against the debutante.
On Saturday (September 12) Mike Feinberg of The Fighting News reported Mayweather had signed a deal to fight Paul and even said he had seen a picture of ‘Money’ signing on the dotted line.
YouTuber Keemstar added fuel to the fire by confirming the news and claiming a “boxing insider” had told him that Mayweather vs Paul will happen in 2020.
John Kavanagh who is McGregor’s head coach took to social media to react to the news Mayweather would be fighting Paul. Kavanagh also questioned exactly who would sanction a fight between arguably the best boxer of all-time and a novice.
“How is Logan getting a pro license to fight Mayweather? He has no pro combat sports experience? ‘yes but didn’t Conor get a boxing license to debut against him??’True, but you’re a slow donkey if you think that is in anyway similar to a YouTuber getting one for his debut.” Kavanagh wrote.
Paul fired back at McGregor’s coach who he called “Karen” in the below tweet which was quickly deleted.
Despite Kavanagh’s claims to the contrary, Paul does actually have some boxing experience. The YouTuber currently 0-1 as a professional. Paul lost a split decision to fellow viral sensation KSI when they fought in September. The pair first clashed in an amateur bout back in 2018 – that fight ended in a draw.
Do you think Logan Paul will be allowed to fight Floyd Mayweather?