Matchroom Boxing will return in a big way at the start of August, with the promotion gearing up to hold four events throughout the month. Boxing is booming in the United Kingdom at the moment, and the cards that Eddie Hearn and his team put together under the Fight Camp banner should keep boxing fans entertained.
The events will take place in Brentwood, Essex, which is Matchroom’s home ground. The first three events will screen live on Sky Sports in the UK and DAZN in the US. The final event will be on Sky Sports Box Office.
Here is a complete list of all the announced fights and the number of rounds per bout, where that information is available.
- Super Welterweight: Sam Eggington vs. Ted Cheeseman, 12 Rounds ( IBF International Title)
- Lightweight: James Tennyson vs. Gavin Gwynne, 12 Rounds (vacant British Lightweight Title)
- Featherweight: Jordan Gill vs. Reece Bellotti, 12 Rounds
- Heavyweight: Fabio Wardley vs. Simon Vallily, 10 Rounds (vacant British Title)
- Lightweight: Dalton Smith vs. Nathan Bennett
- Super Featherweight: Terri Harper (c) vs. Natasha Jonas, 10 Rounds ( WBC, IBO World Titles)
- Cruiserweight: Chris Billam-Smith (c) vs.Nathan Thorley, 12 Rounds (Commonwealth Title)
- Super Welterweight: Anthony Fowler vs. Adam Harper,
- Lightweight: Aqib Fiaz vs. Kane Baker,
- Featherweight: Ivan ‘Hopey’ Price vs. TBA
- Middleweight: Felix Cash (c) vs. Jason Welborn, 12 Rounds (Commonwealth Title)
- Super Featherweight: Zelfa Barrett vs. Eric Donovan
- Super Welterweight: Kieron Conway vs. Navid Mansouri
- Super Bantamweight: Shannon Courtenay vs. Rachel Ball
- Super Middleweight: John Docherty vs. TBA
- Heavyweight: Dillian Whyte (c) vs. Alexander Povetkin, 12 Rounds (WBC Interim World Title)
- Heavyweight: Martin Bakole vs. Sergey Kuzmin, 10 Rounds
- Welterweight: Luther Clay (c) vs. Chris Kongo, 10 Rounds (WBO Global title)
- Lightweight: Katie Taylor (c) vs. TBA, 10 Rounds (undisputed world titles)
What are your thoughts on the lineups announced?